Sunday, January 23, 2011

Suarez ready for Liverpool move


Liverpool target Luis Suarez has confirmed that he is ready to move to England.

The Ajax striker is the subject of interest from the Reds, who are trying to broker a deal for the Uruguayan before the end of the transfer window.


The 23-year-old admits that he once thought that he would not be best suited to the Premier League, but having seen Carlos Tevez's success at West Ham, Manchester United and Manchester City, he is now confident he can emulate the Argentine.

"(England) is a league that attracts me, a country where the football is really good," Suarez told the Sunday Times.

"Alongside the Spanish league it is the best in the world. In England you have a lot of clubs with aspirations to become champions and they are also very strong in the Champions League at the European level.

"I used to think that English football was not my style. But I saw Tevez play at Boca and Corinthians and I never imagined that he would play in the Premier League.

"When I see the way that Tevez plays there I think I can be a big name in England. It's because of the energy, and the spirit they put into the game in England. Now, I think it's a kind of football that suits me."